Friday, June 19, 2009

Kole Wolf Walker

He finally came! I was really starting to wonder if he was going to come a little early.. On Sunday Eric the kids and I all walked up to the mail box and back hoping to maybe get things going because I had been feeling a little funny all day, and it didn't seem to do anything. We went to bed around midnight as usual lately and still nothing so I figured I would be doing laundry and such the next day like planned. I woke up around 2 and discovered I was having contractions, yeah! So I went to the bathroom and then sat down to time them and see how far apart they were. To my surprise they were five min. apart, yeah again! I figured I had better sit there and time them for at least an hour just to make sure I was really in labor and that they weren't going to stop. Well they didn't and I figured I better get Eric up and get going just in case things were moving quickly since I was already dilated to a 3. So we go all ready to go and dropped the kids off at my moms and headed to Cody. We got to the hospital around 4. The nurse checked me and I was still a three but almost effaced completely. That's not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least they weren't sending me home right. I was really hoping to have a baby by noon and I still thought maybe it would happen. My contractions stayed 5 min. apart and never really go stronger. Finally Dr. Cruz came in around noon and broke my water and then shortly after I got an epidural hoping that would relax things enough to make them go quicker. Well it helped me relax so much that the baby moved way back up. So... They put me on pitocin so try and move things along, at least I already had the epidural! So then at some point one of the nurses mentioned something about edema in my cervix, what ever that meant, and so at 6:30 I was 7 cm. At this point we were hoping that we would have a baby by midnight! The nurses switched shifts and my new nurse had come in at 7:30 and asked if I was feeling any different or anything and I told her my contractions felt stronger and that the pain medicine wasn't working as well. The bag of medicine for the epidural was pretty much gone and so she decided to check and then she was going to call for more medicine for my epidural. Well she checked me and I was 10 cm! Finally! The only problem was Dr. Cruz wasn't at the hospital.. So she went and called her and had her hurry over. In the mean time I was really feeling like i wanted to push and they didn't want me to until Dr. Cruz got there. I think it was only about 15 min. but it seemed like an eternity! So at this point I had been in labor for about 16 hours! I started pushing and then they decided that he was face up and they couldn't get him to turn. So anyway I pushed for almost 2 hours before he finally came out! This was by far the worst experience I have ever had! I am still feeling pretty bad although today has been a little better. Kole is a really good baby! He pretty much just sleeps and eats, he does cry when you change his diaper but thats about the only time. Oh yeah he weighted 7lbs. 10.7 oz. and was 21 inches long. I love newborn baby's!



11 comments:

Greg Becky said...

Can't wait to see him and you guys. Just need to get my kids feeling better ahh. Congrats. I like his name.

The Lennons said...

He is SO Handsome! He's perfect, especially after such a long journey to get here! I hope you get to feeling better soon. CONGRATS!!

Jaime said...

Congrats Becca! He is so cute! Glad he is finally here! I had that experience with my middle daughter. She came out 'Sunny Side Up too! I wasn't in labor as long as you though. Glad you and baby are doing well! He is gorgeous!

Candice McWhorter said...

aw becca. He's absolutely gorgeous. What a melodramatic delivery experience!!! You expect your first one to be like this...not your third!
Well I'm glad you all are doing well.

Cari said...

Congrats! He is soo cute!

Paul and Kelly said...

Congratulations Becca! Makai was face up, but they had me rock on my hands and knees with contractions with Carson and it did flip him, but I think I would have rather delivered him face up...not so much fun. Kole is so cute! I'm glad he is a good baby for you!

Eric, Mindy and Kacey said...

Congrats Becca! Kole is so adorable--he fits right in with your other two. Glad you both are doing ok and hope you get feeling better soon. Congrats again!

Lundberg Family said...

Congrats! He is a beautiful baby! Glad it all went ok.

Suzanne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was so excited to hear you had him! That's sad it was such a hard labor. Tre' (#3) was horrible too...he was the only labor I cried BEFORE the baby was born! I can't wait to see him! :) YEAH!

Traci Kannard said...

wow, how exciting...he is gorgeous...I haven't been on in a while so I had no idea...Love the name so unique just like the rest...Congrats to you and all the Family. Can't wait to make it out there and see all of you...hopefully soon.

Aubrey said...

Congratulations!!! I am so glad that he is here safe and sound. I hope that you recover from your awful long labor. You are a champ!